George Westinghouse High School was a public high school located at 3301 West Franklin Boulevard in Chicago. The former candy factory, which is one of the largest Chicago School-style buildings ever constructed, was designed in 1920 by Schmidt, Garden and Martin. Its large floor areas, which were intended as flexible workspace, facilitated the building’s conversion to a school in the 1960s. The original school has been demolished to make way for a new college prep high school immediately to the east. Construction is now underway. Once completed, the historic structure is scheduled to be razed for athletic fields and a parking lot.